The Right Equipment For The Job
JPS Furnace & Air Conditioning recognizes the importance of clean air being essential to good health. According to Health Canada, Canadians spend upwards of 90% of their time inside, whether it is at home, work or recreationally.
Including features like Amazon Alexa and Google Home Integrations.
Breathe cleaner air inside your home all year. A great way to help relieve respiratory systems.
Keep your home at the perfect humidity for both personal comfort and health.
Remove allergens, mould, the smell of smoke and purify your home’s air.
Air quality systems
A typical house could have a range of indoor air pollutants such as; dust, pet dander, mold, smoke (wood burning), cigarettes, and chemical vapors. JPS encourages homeowners to be proactive, and consider investing in an indoor air quality system. We can help you decide whether you’re better off with an electronic or a mechanical air cleaner or whether your best option is a germicidal light that works by sterilizing illuminated surfaces. We can tell you whether you need a power humidifier, a bypass humidifier or a heat recovery ventilator.
In homes with severe levels of contamination, or if someone in your family suffers from severe allergies or asthma, you might want to install a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filtration system. A “true” HEPA system is 99.97% efficient in removing airborne allergens and irritants such as dust and bacteria ranging in size down to 0.3 micron. Another extremely efficient filtration system is the Healthy Climate 16 Media Air Cleaner. This is compatible with any HVAC system, and provides hospital grade filtration of airborne allergens and other particles.
These systems are excellent for air quality, but will not completely rid your house of dust. This is something that is almost impossible, as going in and out of the house, air from outside brings in microscopic debris particles; humans create dust with their skin as well as animals-it’s an ongoing thing!
Too much or too little moisture in the air affects your comfort, your family’s health and the condition of your home’s interior and furnishings. Ideal humidity is usually between 30% and 60%.
Low humidity in the winter can cause dry skin and nasal passages, promotes the growth of bacteria and viruses, causes static electricity, possible damage to your woodwork and more.
Moist air is not only healthier; it’s also less expensive to heat than dry air.
High humidity in the summer allows faster growth of bacteria, viruses, dust mites, mould and mildew – all of which are major allergy triggers. High humidity also causes paint to peel, and woodwork to warp, buckle and rot.
JPS can provide expert advice on how you can achieve the best possible combination temperature and humidity in your home year round.
How air quality affects you
- Air fresheners and deodorizers can contribute to poor indoor air quality.
- Poor indoor air quality can cause headaches, nausea, lethargy and potentially chronic illness.
- Inadequate ventilation keeps dust, smoke, pollen and other pollutants re-circulating.
- In addition to negative health effects, indoor pollutants can reduce the life expectancy of your heating and cooling system.
- Your first line of defence is to eliminate as many sources of pollution as possible. Avoid smoking or burning candles in your home.
- Allergic reactions can be reduced by indoor air quality products that remove pollutants.
- By maintaining proper humidity levels in your home, you can prevent many pollutants from developing at all.