As Calgary faces the challenges of another wildfire season, ensuring good air quality in our…
FAQs & Easy DIY Troubleshooting to Avoid A Service Charge
Not all issues require a service technician to your home and in some cases can be fixed in just a matter of minutes. In this quick FAQ troubleshooting guide, we will cover a list of things to do before booking your appointment.
- Check the Furnace filter and make sure it is clean
- Reset power and make sure all switches are in the “on” position.
- Turn the thermostat to “heat” mode and increase the temperature
- Make sure the gas valve is in the “on” position
- Check for ice buildup on your outdoor flue pipes. These are the white PVC pipes outside of your home.
- If you smell gas CALL FOR SERVICE
- Take the outdoor cover off the AC unit
- Turn the thermostat to “cool” mode and lower the temperature
- Make sure all breakers are on.
- Turn off the humidifier and close the damper
- Set temperature no lower than 19 degrees
- Check your furnace filter and make sure it’s clean
These questions are to help you avoid any service charges as a result of JPS Furnace sending one of our very busy qualified Service technicians out to your home.
Basic diagnostic service charge is $129 + tax
Warranty deductible is $69 + tax
Homeowner due diligence Free!
Thank you and stay cool!
The JPS Furnace Customer Service Team!